[BUG,REGRESSION?] 3.11.6+,3.12: GbE iface rate drops to few KB/s

Willy Tarreau w at 1wt.eu
Tue Nov 12 03:36:33 EST 2013

Hi Arnaud,

On Tue, Nov 12, 2013 at 08:56:25AM +0100, Arnaud Ebalard wrote:
> I had some offline (*) discussions w/ Eric and did some test w/ the patches
> he sent. It does not fix the regression I see. It would be nice if someone
> w/ the hardware and more knowledge of mvneta driver could reproduce the
> issue and spend some time on it.

I could give it a try but am falling very short of time at the moment.

> That been said, even if the driver is most probably not the only one to
> blame here (considering the result of bisect and current thread on
> netdev), I never managed to get the performance I have on my ReadyNAS
> Duo v2 (i.e. 108MB/s for a file served by an Apache) with a mvneta-based
> platform (RN102, RN104 or RN2120). Understanding why is on an already a
> long todo list.

Yes I found that your original numbers were already quite low, so it is
also possible that you have a different problem (eg: faulty switch or
auto-negociation problem where the switch goes to half duplex because
the neta does not advertise nway or whatever) that is emphasized by the
latest changes.

> Cheers,
>
> a+
>
> (*): for some reasons, my messages to netdev and stable are not published
> even though I can interact w/ {majordomo,autoanswer}@vger.kernel.org. I
> poked postmaster@ bug got no reply yet.

I can confirm that I got this message from you on netdev so it should be OK
now.

Willy