[PATCH v4 0/4] Add dual-fifo mode support of i.MX ssi
b42378 at freescale.com
Fri Nov 8 05:49:32 EST 2013
* ! This series of patches has a direct dependency between them. When
* ! applying them, we need to apply to one single branch. Otherwise,
* ! it would break currect branches.
* PATCH-3: Add period size constraint when using dual fifo mode
* Nothing changes for PATCH-1, PATCH-2 and PATCH-4
* PATCH-1: Add comments to indicate the end of v1 and v2 array.
* PATCH-3: Use better way to keep watermark as even number.
* Nothing changes for PATCH-2 and PATCH-4
* Instead of adding rogue scripts to current SDMA driver based on firmware
* V1, we define the new SDMA firmware as version 2 and bisect the PATCH-1
* to two patches: The first is to add version check code to the SDMA driver;
* And the second is to add SSI dual FIFO DMATYPE.
* Nothing changes for the last two patches.
* SSI can reduce hardware overrun/underrun possibility when using dual
* fifo mode. To support this mode, we need to first update sdma sciprt
* list, and then enable dual fifo BIT in SSI driver, and last update DT
* bindings of i.MX series.
Nicolin Chen (4):
dma: imx-sdma: Add sdma firmware version 2 support
dma: imx-sdma: Add new dma type for ssi dual fifo script
ASoC: fsl_ssi: Add dual fifo mode support
ARM: dts: imx: use dual-fifo sdma script for ssi
.../devicetree/bindings/dma/fsl-imx-sdma.txt | 1 +
arch/arm/boot/dts/imx51.dtsi | 4 ++--
arch/arm/boot/dts/imx53.dtsi | 4 ++--
arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6qdl.dtsi | 12 +++++-----
arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6sl.dtsi | 12 +++++-----
drivers/dma/imx-sdma.c | 19 ++++++++++++++-
include/linux/platform_data/dma-imx-sdma.h | 5 ++++
include/linux/platform_data/dma-imx.h | 1 +
sound/soc/fsl/fsl_ssi.c | 27 +++++++++++++++++++++-
9 files changed, 67 insertions(+), 18 deletions(-)
More information about the linux-arm-kernel