[BUG?] ARM: mvebu: is second PCIe unit of Armada XP mv78230 x1 or x4?

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Wed Nov 6 09:57:05 EST 2013

Arnaud,

On Tue, 5 Nov 2013 10:48:45 +0100, Thomas Petazzoni wrote:

> The only place where we (Gregory pointed me in the right direction)
> could find some relation between the SoC variants and the available PCIe
> interfaces is in the hardware manual of each SoC variant, where the
> SERDES lanes are described.
>
> For MV78230, it says:
>
> 	PCIe 0.0, 0.1, 0.2, 0.3, 1.0, 1.1 and 1.2

[...]

> What it says for 78230 it a bit weird, because I don't see why it
> mentions 1.1 and 1.2 since the second PCIe interface on 78230 is said
> to be x1. Maybe that's a mistake in the datasheet, I'll try to get a
> confirmation about this.

I've updated the MV78230 hardware datasheet that we had, and indeed the
latest version available has this correct: MV78230 has PCIe 0.0, 0.1,
0.2, 0.3 and 1.0, which means a x4/x1 PCIe interface and a x1 one. The
"1.1" and "1.2" indicated in an earlier version of the datasheet were a
mistake, apparently.

Bottom line: it means that the patch you submitted and that I Acked-by
a few minutes ago is correct.

Best regards,

Thomas
--