MUSB multiplatform work?

Linus Walleij linus.walleij at linaro.org
Thu May 30 17:19:33 EDT 2013

On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 10:31 PM, Tony Lindgren <tony at atomide.com> wrote:

> There are many devices where the device FIFO is memory mapped to the
> GPMC bus on omaps, like TUSB, OneNAND, smc911x etc. I believe the
> only reason why these have not been converted to the dmaengine is
> the fact that dmaengine cannot configure the DMA hardware to do
> autoincrement and loop over the device FIFO.

OK that seems like something pretty generic that we could just add
to the struct dma_slave_config actually, something like:

u32 src_fifoloop;
u32 dst_fifoloop;

Given in # of words on the src/dst address simply, left as zero
for hitting a constant address over and over again.

We'd need both to make space for device->device transfers.

If this is all that is needed to convert them do DMAengine
I'd surely ACK it (FWIW).

Yours,
Linus Walleij