clock framework: Don't disable a clock already enabled by boot loader?

Dirk Behme dirk.behme at gmail.com
Sat May 25 03:16:44 EDT 2013

Am 25.05.2013 08:54, schrieb Shawn Guo:
> On Sat, May 25, 2013 at 07:59:45AM +0200, Dirk Behme wrote:
>> Hmm, but what's the best way to set a flag in
>>
>> https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/tree/arch/arm/mach-imx/clk-imx6q.c
>>
>> ?
>>
>> In mx6q_clocks_init() there doesn't seem to be an explicit interface
>> to set the flags?
>>
>> I'm not sure if
>>
>> clk[xxx]->flags |= CLK_IGNORE_UNUSED;
>>
>> is the way to go?
>>
> Commit 1e43525 (clk: add clk_ignore_unused option to keep boot clocks
> on) introduced an option "clk_ignore_unused" for bypassing
> clk_disable_unused() call.

Yes, I know ;) But this is slightly different: In the end it disables
the complete clk_disable_unused() call, i.e. for all unused clocks.

I'd like to set the flag CLK_IGNORE_UNUSED for just one clock. I.e. I
want to set a flag for an i.MX6 clock, and I want to set it only for
one clock.

What's the preferred way to do this?

Best regards

Dirk