hugetlbfs support plan for ARM

Karicheri, Muralidharan m-karicheri2 at ti.com
Tue May 21 08:24:32 EDT 2013

Steve, Bill and Will

Thanks all for the response. So I understand this will get merged eventually to a future kernel version. If this is true, I would like to pull in the latest and give it a try on our Cortex A15 SMP ARM platform. We haven't upstream-ed this machine, but have plan to do so this year. I am on 3.8.4 kernel currently (due to dependency with RT Preempt patch) and will start using this patch and let you know the feedback.  BTW, do you see any issues with using this patch with RT Preempt kernel patch and also on A15 SMP kernel?

Thanks

Murali Karicheri
Software Design Engineer