omap3430 fails to boot

Tony Lindgren tony at atomide.com
Thu May 9 11:20:48 EDT 2013

* Russell King - ARM Linux <linux at arm.linux.org.uk> [130509 01:54]:
> I've not looked into the reason why yet, so this is a heads-up.  I
> notice this morning that the LDP3430 failed to boot last night,
> whereas it worked the previous night.  However, SDP4430 looks fine.
>
> Nothing obvious in the diffstat between the two... but then the patch
> between the two kernels is almost 1.5MB.  The arch/arm changes are
> quite small though:
>
>  arch/arm/Kconfig                                   |    1 +
>  arch/arm/boot/dts/Makefile                         |    4 +-
>  arch/arm/boot/dts/xenvm-4.2.dts                    |   13 +
>  arch/arm/include/asm/xen/hypercall.h               |    1 +
>  arch/arm/mach-msm/last_radio_log.c                 |    2 +-
>  arch/arm/mach-omap2/board-4430sdp.c                |    2 +-
>  arch/arm/mach-omap2/board-omap4panda.c             |    2 +-
>  arch/arm/mach-omap2/timer.c                        |    4 +
>  arch/arm/mach-vexpress/v2m.c                       |    1 -
>  arch/arm/mach-virt/virt.c                          |    1 +

Since one boots and one won't, you're probably missing this one:

956e46ef mm/slab: Fix crash during slab init

Looking at your diffstat you probably have this as otherwise
nothing boots:

9affd6be arm: fix mismerge of arch/arm/mach-omap2/timer.c

Let me know if you still have the issue after updating to 956e46ef.

Regards,

Tony