Fwd: Tegra 30 System hangs because of commit "pinctrl: move subsystem mutex to pinctrl_dev struct"

Linus Walleij linus.walleij at linaro.org
Mon May 6 16:12:11 EDT 2013

On Mon, May 6, 2013 at 9:54 PM, Russell King - ARM Linux
<linux at arm.linux.org.uk> wrote:

> My conclusion is that build and boot test systems just don't work in an
> open source environment as no one actively checks the results.  Why would
> they - maintainers already have enough to do with reading 6500+ emails a
> month on mailing lists.  Why bother going to look at a website as well
> which might give even more work.

Point taken. I was in a discussion some time back with Greg and some
other people and we concluded that unless the system mails you when
something breaks it won't make a difference. And it mustn't flood you,
just be very precise.

Actually the autobuilder at kernel.org helped me out but then stopped
building my trees at some point, but that was nice and the same thing
doing boots would be great.

(However I did go in and fix a few build errors in linux-next after
reading on Rothwells autobuilder kisskb some time ... but it was more
a few-off thing.)

Yours,
Linus Walleij