Latest build results - errors/warnings - lots of them

Russell King - ARM Linux linux at arm.linux.org.uk
Thu May 2 04:22:18 EDT 2013

On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 09:17:39AM +0100, Russell King - ARM Linux wrote:
> Latest nightly build of 3.9+my for-next+arm-soc's for-next results in a
> great load of new warnings and errors.  arch/arm/common/mcpm_head.S,
> arch/arm/common/mcpm_platsmp.c, arch/arm/common/vlock.S are the biggest
> source of errors.
>
> OMAP stuff needs a serious look at too - much Kconfig madness there
> caused by over-use of select, which then goes on to cause build errors
> because it assumes some stuff is always enabled.
>
> There's also warnings about of_device_id from include/linux/of_platform.h
> via from arch/arm/kernel/setup.c which feature in all the non-OF builds
> too which need addressing.
>
> See todays http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/developer/build/ results for all
> the details and configs.  Not pushing my tree until some of this stuff
> gets fixed.

And now we have a new bunch of warnings from OMAP stuff which weren't
previously there...

arch/arm/mach-omap2/omap_device.c: In function 'omap_device_get_by_hwmod_name':
arch/arm/mach-omap2/omap_device.c:821:3: warning: return makes pointer from integer without a cast
arch/arm/mach-omap2/omap_device.c:826:3: warning: return makes pointer from integer without a cast
drivers/power/twl4030_charger.c: In function 'twl4030_charger_enable_usb':
drivers/power/twl4030_charger.c:192:20: warning: ignoring return value of 'regulator_enable', declared with attribute warn_unused_result

include/linux/thermal.h:254:12: warning: 'thermal_generate_netlink_event' defined but not used