3.9-rc1 regression in arm dtb build

Pavel Machek pavel at ucw.cz
Thu Mar 28 15:33:23 EDT 2013

On Thu 2013-03-28 08:49:20, Stephen Warren wrote:
> On 03/28/2013 03:29 AM, Pavel Machek wrote:
> > There's change that makes it pretty much impossible to build dtbs
> > reliably between different kernel versions, because it leaves old dtbs
> > around, and they survive even make clean.
>
> One question here: Presumably the dtbs don't survive "make clean" if you
> run that right after building the dtbs, but only if you check out a new
> kernel version before running clean? Or is that not the case?

That was the case I seen, yes.

Have old kernel running, dtbs building. Apply a patch. It starts
behaving weird. You do make clean... but you still get old dtbs.

(It would be nice if make socfpga_cyclone5.dtb would magically remove
all the dtbs from old location; make dtbs does that if I understand
stuff correctly).

Thanks,
									Pavel