IMX: board hardware macro

Daniel Lezcano daniel.lezcano at linaro.org
Wed Mar 27 09:53:26 EDT 2013

On 03/27/2013 01:34 PM, Shawn Guo wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 27, 2013 at 10:13:17AM +0100, Daniel Lezcano wrote:
>> Do these macros exist ?
>
> There is cpu_is_mx51(), but no cpu_is_mx6() stuff.  I do not understand
> why these are needed.  The cpuidle initialization should be done in SoC
> specific hook like how it's done for imx6q right now.  So why do you
> need such macros?

Well I am sure that will fit, but I wanted to create a single cpuidle
init function for all the platforms in order to encapsulate the cpuidle
drivers and then with the incoming patchset, factor out the code.

I will send a RFC for the changes, so we can discuss about it and choose
the direction you think more convenient to unify the code across the
different cpuidle drivers.

Thanks
  -- Daniel

--