[GIT PULL v2] Renesas ARM-based SoC board updates for v3.10

Arnd Bergmann arnd at arndb.de
Fri Mar 22 11:39:39 EDT 2013

On Friday 22 March 2013, Simon Horman wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 22, 2013 at 12:40:53PM +0000, Arnd Bergmann wrote:
> > On Friday 22 March 2013, Simon Horman wrote:
> > > Sorry about sending so many all at once. There were quite a few changes
> > > queued up and it might have been better if I flushed some of them out
> > > a bit earlier.
> > >
> > > Of the batch that I sent last week, I think you are missing the following one:
> > >

> > Right, I've pulled it into next/drivers now. Thanks for checking this.
>
> Thanks. I now have no outstanding pull requests.
>
> I do have a few new patches in my tree.
> I plan to let a few more accumulate before sending the next pull request(s).

Ok, sounds good.

One general question about your plans (probably more for Magnus than for you):
What is your expected time line for moving shmobile under
CONFIG_ARCH_MULTIPLATFORM? It seems you are making great progress, but
there is also still a lot to be done.

I expect that in 3.10, we will have all ARMv6 and ARMv7 platforms converted,
with the exception of realview, mmp, s5p, msm, and shmobile. I'm sure we
can do realview and mmp for 3.11, possibly also s5p. For shmobile, I think
most of the work would be changing drivers/sh/clk to integrate into the common
clk framework, and you need to find a way to enable ARM_PATCH_PHYS_VIRT and
AUTO_ZRELADDR. Are those things you think can be done for 3.11?

	Arnd