OMAP baseline test results for v3.9-rc3

Santosh Shilimkar santosh.shilimkar at ti.com
Tue Mar 19 04:51:19 EDT 2013

+ Tero,

On Monday 18 March 2013 09:08 PM, Paul Walmsley wrote:

> Here are some basic OMAP test results for Linux v3.9-rc3.
> Logs and other details at:
>
>     http://www.pwsan.com/omap/testlogs/test_v3.9-rc3/20130314094808/
>

> Test summary
> ------------

Thanks for the summary Paul. A usual, it is quite exhaustive. Few
questions and comments below.

[..]

> Failing tests: needing investigation
> ------------------------------------

[..]

> PM tests:

[..]

> * 4430es2panda, 4460pandaes: pwrdm state mismatch on CAM, DSS, ABE

I thought we discussed about boot-loader dependency already.

> * 4460pandaes: pwrdm state mismatch on IVAHD, TESLA

Same here.

> * 4430es2panda: CORE, TESLA, IVAHD, L3INIT didn't enter target state
>   - Probably due to lack of reset code for M3, DSP, SL2IF, FSUSB
>     per discussion with Tero Kristo
>   - Likely dependent on the bootloader version
>     - fails with 2012.07-00136-g755de79

Do you still see the issue after upgrading the boot-loader version ?

> * 4460pandaes: chip not entering retention in dynamic idle
>   - Presumably 4430es2panda also fails this
>   - Suspend-to-RAM enters full chip retention

Assuming dynmic idle is CPUIdle, core retention isn't supported
in CPUDILE so it is expected

> Other:
>
> * 4430es2panda: omap_hwmod: l3_instr: _wait_target_disable failed
>   - Unknown cause; could be due to the lack of hierarchical enable/disable
>     in hwmod code
>   - Jon Hunter reports this does not appear with the same X-loader/bootloader
>     on his 4430ES2.3 Panda, so could be ES-level dependent
I confirm Jon's observation even on my OMAP4430 ES2.3 SDP.

Regards,
Santosh