Shifted framebuffer after X11 starts on mx28

Fabio Estevam festevam at gmail.com
Sat Mar 16 16:09:05 EDT 2013

Hi,

I am running 3.8.2 kernel on a mx28evk and when I start X11 I get a
"shifted" framebuffer.

The framebuffer works well if X11 is not called.

There is no issue with X11 when running with Freescale  2.6.35 kernel.

Looking at drivers/video/mxsfb.c there is the following comment:

	/*
	 * It seems, you can't re-program the controller if it is still running.
	 * This may lead into shifted pictures (FIFO issue?).
	 * So, first stop the controller and drain its FIFOs
	 */

So, it looks like that I am still facing this issue when X11 starts.

If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know.

Thanks,

Fabio Estevam