[RFC 1/1] clk: Add notifier support in clk_prepare_enable/clk_disable_unprepare

Russell King - ARM Linux linux at arm.linux.org.uk
Fri Mar 15 13:12:00 EDT 2013

On Thu, Mar 14, 2013 at 11:22:47PM -0600, Stephen Warren wrote:
> Is clk_set_rate() only legal to call in non-atomic contexts then? The
> header file doesn't say, although I guess since many other functions
> explicitly say they can't, then by omission it can...

I think when all this was discussed alongside the clk_prepare/clk_unprepare
stuff, that yes, it was decided that clk_set_rate() was non-atomic only.

And yes, that is most definitely the case, because the first thing
clk_set_rate() does is take a mutex - which will trigger a might_sleep()
complaint if ever called from an atomic context.