FW: Regulator API ignored return values

Chris Ball cjb at laptop.org
Tue Mar 12 10:30:55 EDT 2013

Hi,

On Tue, Mar 12 2013, Arnd Bergmann wrote:
>> Need add regulator_put here since regulator_get has succeed?
>
> Hmm, we still don't actually bail out if the error is encountered, so
> the reference count is balanced with the current patch, but I maybe
> a failed regulator_enable() should actually be a fatal error?

The reason I didn't make it a fatal error is that this is just vqmmc
(responsible for moving from 3.3V to 1.8V for UHS modes), not the
main vmmc regulator.  We can just disable those UHS modes from the
capabilities on the host if vqmmc is missing, or failed to enable,
or doesn't support those voltages, and that's what the code does now.

Thanks,

- Chris.
--
Chris Ball   <cjb at laptop.org>   <http://printf.net/>