s3c24xx pinctrl help

Heiko Stübner heiko at sntech.de
Fri Mar 8 09:38:04 EST 2013

Hi Thomas,

taking you up on your offer of helping, I would be cool if you could simply
give me a push in the right direction :-) .

From what I've seen so far, the bank handling itself is very similar between
exynos and s3c24xx as the underlying structures already handle multiple widths
of the register contents. More interesting is the eint handling around which I
couldn't wrap my head yet.

The basic structure is again similar with special eint registers, but adds
some quirks. EINT banks are gpf (8 eints) and gpg (8 or 16 eints depending on
the SoC).

The current way on Exynos seems to be to mark the offset in the eint register
and attach an irq_domain to the bank, which gets mapped to the eints starting
at the offset. The eints seem to have a parent interrupt that is provided via
the dt.

On the S3C24xx the gpg bank is doing this similar but gpf is very strange.

The first half of the bank (gpf0 to gpf3) is not handled in eintpend registers
but in the main interrupt controller (bits 0 to 3), while the second
half of gpf is handled in eintpend. The new interrupt declaration might show
this better, which can be found at [0].

An exception is the s3c2412 which adds still another quirk where each
interrupt of gpf0 to gpf3 is represented in both the normal intc and eint
registers, again for reference probably easier to see in [1].

So I'm still quite stumped on how this could fit into the current framework
and would be really glad for some small pointers :-)

Thanks
Heiko

[0] https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/kgene/linux-samsung.git/tree/arch/arm/mach-s3c24xx/irq.c?h=next/irq-s3c24xx-2&id=17453dd2e7df20612770ebbf1ab5d506a432210c#n574
[1] https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/kgene/linux-samsung.git/tree/arch/arm/mach-s3c24xx/irq.c?h=next/irq-s3c24xx-2&id=17453dd2e7df20612770ebbf1ab5d506a432210c#n712