[kvmarm] [GIT PULL v2] KVM/ARM Fixes for 3.9-rc1

Christoffer Dall cdall at cs.columbia.edu
Thu Mar 7 14:25:42 EST 2013

On Thu, Mar 7, 2013 at 11:09 AM, Marcelo Tosatti <mtosatti at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 07, 2013 at 07:57:23AM +0100, Marc Zyngier wrote:
>> On Wed, 6 Mar 2013 20:40:00 -0800, Christoffer Dall
>> <cdall at cs.columbia.edu>
>> wrote:

>> merge
>> >>
>> > Sure, when would you see this happen exactly?
>>
>> Usually, by -rc5 we have a pretty good idea of what is going in. Also,
>> putting things into -next is a good way to detect potential problems.
>>
>> Oh, and keeping linux-arm-kernel into the loop. Most ARM developers don't
>> follow the KVM lists.
>>
>>         M.
>
> Mark, can you please be more verbose on the reason for this request?
>
> Christoffer, patches which are not causing merge conflicts can be
> integrated (note that the merge window exists so that development code
> can sit on a development branch and be tested before integration).
>
> After the merge window has closed, patches whose purpose is to stabilize
> the code base are supposed to be integrated, and development code queued
> for the next merge window.

Understood and agreed. Since the patches I sent a pull request for
fixes code (although not bugs) and are trivial and would not cause
breakage, I think they should be merged into kvm/master.  This is
anyhow going to be a judgement call in the future, and I can certainly
adjust my evaluations as we go along in the future, but I don't see
the harm in honoring this pull request.

-Christoffer