ARM: 7653/2: do not scale loops_per_jiffy when using a constant delay clock

Will Deacon will.deacon at arm.com
Tue Mar 5 21:23:08 EST 2013

Hi Nico,

I notice that commit 70264367a243 ("ARM: 7653/2: do not scale loops_per_jiffy
when using a constant delay clock") is in mainline, but I'm not sure whether
it's the right fix. Unfortunately, I failed to find it in the list archives,
so I couldn't repy to the original patch.

It seems like a better fix would be to pass the CPUFREQ_CONST_LOOPS flag from
the cpufreq driver doing the frequency scaling, which would prevent
loops_per_jiffy from being scaled at all. It also means that UP platforms
would work correctly, while I think they're still broken with your patch.

What do you reckon? I'm trying to do some cleanup in this area with the aim
of making the core cpufreq driver SMP-aware.

Cheers,

Will