omap: IORESOURCE_IRQ flags not set when defining a GPIO-IRQ from DT

Jon Hunter jon-hunter at ti.com
Fri Mar 1 17:41:37 EST 2013

On 03/01/2013 11:30 AM, Russell King - ARM Linux wrote:

>>> Actually, that's not the case for smc91x. By default SMC_IRQ_FLAGS != -1
>>> (for omap) and so it will not set irq_flags to ires->flags &
>>> IRQF_TRIGGER_MASK. However, if I force irq_flags to be -1, then I see
>>> that irq_flags are to 0.
>
> smc91x is complicated by the fact that it started off life before there
> was any possibility to pass IRQ flags through resources.  So we ended
> up with smc91x.h containing _lots_ of platform specific data, and the
> driver could only be built for one platform.
>
> I fixed that by sorting out this IRQ passing method, and changing smc91x
> to support both the fixed configuration, and the dynamic-through-IRQflags
> method.
>
> There is no reason for any other driver to support the fixed method; that
> would be a completely backwards step.

Thanks for the history. For OMAP I see SMC_IRQ_FLAGS getting defined as
follows in smc91x.h ...

#ifndef SMC_IRQ_FLAGS
#define SMC_IRQ_FLAGS           IRQF_TRIGGER_RISING
#endif

And so for OMAP devices using smc91x, it is always being configured as
rising-edge. So it would be good to move OMAP to use a dynamic
configuration too.

Cheers
Jon