Armada DRM driver on OLPC XO

Russell King - ARM Linux linux at arm.linux.org.uk
Fri Jun 28 17:27:23 EDT 2013

On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 04:47:26PM -0400, Daniel Drake wrote:
> I have tested it on OLPC XO-1.75 (MMP2 aka Armada610) and OLPC XO-4 (MMP3
> aka PXA2128). After a bit of fighting, I have it running. Could you share your
> X driver, or your methodology for testing hardware cursors? I'd like to test
> your work there too.

BTW... a point on this.  As you don't have the LCD_SPU_ADV_REG register,
you probably don't have support for ARGB cursors.  DRM only supports ARGB
cursors.  You can't down-convert an ARGB cursor to something which looks
reasonable in the kernel, so I'd suggest forgetting hardware cursors.
Even converting ARGB to transparency + RGB looks rubbish and wrong.