[Arm-netbook] getting allwinner SoC support upstream (was Re: Uploading linux (3.9.4-1))

luke.leighton luke.leighton at gmail.com
Sun Jun 9 19:30:26 EDT 2013

On Sun, Jun 9, 2013 at 11:31 PM, Russell King - ARM Linux
<linux at arm.linux.org.uk> wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 09, 2013 at 11:09:59PM +0100, luke.leighton wrote:
>> this is all a rather round-about way to say that for those people who
>> heard and are thinking of heeding russell's call to "be silent and to
>> ignore me"
>
> Okay, so you've just misrepresented me in the above comment.  I never
> said anything of the sort.  The closest that I've come to a comment like
> that is asking you to stop wasting people's time.

 close enough.

> So, given your displayed inability to properly convey what people have
> said to you in a discussion in your own replies, is there *any* reason
> that anyone should trust you to communicate their position to any other
> third party?

 trust is always something that has to be given, russell.  respect is
earned, but trust is given.  many make the mistake of believing that
trust is earned [people who seek to defeat others as "enemies" know
this and exploit it to devastating effect].

 so i can't answer your question directly, but consider this: the
people that i work with have known me for a long time.  they know i'm
a bit of a live wire (you saw that wookey called me "crazy luke") and
they often go as completely spare at some of the spanners i throw in
the works just as everyone else does.  it's *they* who will be doing
all the talking, and i will be advising them in the background over
the next week so that *technically* they're prepped.

 everyone has a different role to play here.

/peace

l.