[Arm-netbook] getting allwinner SoC support upstream (was Re: Uploading linux (3.9.4-1))

Tomasz Figa tomasz.figa at gmail.com
Fri Jun 7 15:16:58 EDT 2013

On Friday 07 of June 2013 20:02:03 luke.leighton wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 7, 2013 at 9:57 AM, Tomasz Figa <tomasz.figa at gmail.com>
wrote:
> >Seeing from your posts you don't have any knowledge on how Linux kernel
> >
> > development works
>
>  check back to 2004.

$ git log --oneline --author="Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton" | wc -l
0
$ git log --oneline --author="lkcl at lkcl.net" | wc -l
0
$ git log --oneline --author="Luke Leighton" | wc -l
0

That's an -ENOPATCH for me.

> > and even on how Allwinner's cooperation with our
> > community looks (and seem to be completely closed to our effort of
> > showing you the reality),
>
>  no - just f*****g busy, tomasz

Just like many of us, I guess.

> > so I'm not sure if you are the right person to take any
> > of those roles...
>
>  well, tough.  get me up to speed, *fast*.  please stop wasting time
> like this: get me up to speed.  i may not be the best person but i am
> in the right place at the right time, and nobody else is going to be
> able to step into this role in time.
>
>  so i may not be the best person that you *think* i am, but i'm the
> person you've got.  time's ticking.  can we get on please?
>
> > I'd suggest Maxime Ripard or someone else from Free Electrons to be
> > responsible for communication with Allwinner instead.
>
>  you're welcome to suggest, however they do not have the contacts that
> i have (many of which are indirect anyway), and i am not going to
> introduce him to them either, in case they jeapordise the critical
> business relationships that took my associates 4 years to establish.

Well, I'm quitting this discussion right now, as it doesn't seem to be of
any use or might be even counter-productive. I have already showed my view
on this matter (and even given you some proposals for them), got it
confirmed by several other people and got nothing from you that could make
me reconsider anything.

Thank you for your time.

Best regards,
Tomasz