[Arm-netbook] getting allwinner SoC support upstream (was Re: Uploading linux (3.9.4-1))

Russell King - ARM Linux linux at arm.linux.org.uk
Fri Jun 7 14:26:08 EDT 2013

On Fri, Jun 07, 2013 at 02:49:28PM +0000, joem wrote:
> > > SoC vendors are free to join the discussion, and many SoC vendors are part
> > > of the kernel community, so calling this unilateral is plain wrong.
> >
> >  you're free to believe that, vladimir.  i've explained why that
> > hasn't happened, in prior messages.  can we move forward, please?
>
> I prefer it if the "vladimir" troll (and fellow trolls)
> make requests for one of us to make or do something instead of
> constantly whining and wasting time.
>
> After all we are attached to funds and resources ready to
> deploy if something sounds a good idea and gets a vote.
>
> To vladimir - please put your thoughts in a blog where it belongs.
> If its important, I'm sure others would offer comment
> and take you up on your thoughts.

I think your position is confused.  Everything that Vladimir (in his
three posts) in this thread so far have been correct.  Vladimir is not
the one doing any trolling in this thread.

Vladimir has not requested anything.  He hasn't whined.  He hasn't
wasted time.  He has stated the following in _three_ short succinct
emails:
(a) no one gets to impose stipulate timescales unless they're willing
to financially sponsor the work.
(b) the adopted position of the Linux kernel developers.

Luke Leighton on the other hand is demanding that we (Linux kernel
developers) come up with proposals within three days so that Luke can
act as a middle man between us and Allwinner, and is blaming the Linux
kernel community for the situation with Allwinner.

As you seem to have your facts wrong, I can only conclude that you
are also trolling... I hope I'm wrong about that and you've just made
an innocent mistake.