[RESEND] cpuidle for ARM pull request

Rafael J. Wysocki rjw at sisk.pl
Sat Jul 27 08:37:59 EDT 2013

On Saturday, July 27, 2013 08:13:31 AM Daniel Lezcano wrote:
> On 07/26/2013 02:07 AM, Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:

> >> Well, there are some.
> >>
> >> It is based on my linux-next branch, but please rebase it on top of 3.11-rc2.
> >>
> >> Generally, please send me pull requests based on -rc kernels only (or major
> >> releases).
> >
> > Unless your material depends on new things in my linux-next branch, in which
> > case please let me know and I'll set up a stable branch for you to base things
> > on.
>
> Hi Rafael,
>
> I rebased my branch on top of 3.11-rc2, you can try to pull it again.

Pulled, thanks!

Next time, can you please add a general description of what the patches do and
why they do that to the pull request?

> I thought it would have been easier for us if I could based my PRs on
> top of your linux-next branch, so acting as a proxy for ARM patches. I
> am maintaining the clocksource drivers and I am basing my tree on top of
> tip/core.
>
> I guess you are rebasing your tree often and this is an issue for you,
> right ?

Yes, my linux-next branch may contain commits that will be modified later
(e.g. ACKs added, fixes folded in etc.).

Anyway, as I said, as long as the material you have for me doesn't depend on
anything new in my tree, it's better to base it on top of an -rc kernel.

In case it does depend on that, I've put the entire outstanding cpuidle
material into my pm-cpuidle branch (including your ARM commits just pulled).

Thanks,
Rafael