[RFC] Add .dts file for Netgear ReadyNAS 102

Willy Tarreau w at 1wt.eu
Wed Jul 3 15:07:53 EDT 2013

Hi Thomas,

On Wed, Jul 03, 2013 at 09:42:03AM +0200, Thomas Petazzoni wrote:
> Wasn't also part of the TODO-list to make pxa3xx_nand divorce from the
> PXA-specific DMA API, and use instead the PXA dmaengine driver, through
> the DMA engine API? As far as I remember, this was one of the
> prerequisite to be able to re-use the driver in a non-PXA context.
> There is a patch that was floating around doing this conversion (I
> could dig the relevant link if needed), but of course it needs to be
> tested, and we don't have PXA3xx hardware, so making changes to this
> driver without breaking it is quite tedious.

Thus I think it would make more sense to split the driver (at least at
the beginning) in order not to risk breaking anything. If the driver is
copy-pasted from pxa3xx, the merge will still be doable later when
someone can test it.

Just my two cents, cause I hate breaking working stuff.

Best regards,
Willy