[RFC] Add .dts file for Netgear ReadyNAS 102

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Wed Jul 3 03:42:03 EDT 2013

Hello,

On Tue, 2 Jul 2013 20:23:12 -0300, Ezequiel Garcia wrote:

> I wish I could say I'm going to work on this soon but, as Thomas said,
> we have no idea when/if NAND will be prioritized.
>
> On the other side if you look at the driver Willy just posted, merging
> the juicy stuff into pxa3xx-nand driver is not for the faint of heart.
>
> Without the spec, is only tougher.
>
> Just a quick hint. As far as I can recall, one of the first items in a
> TODO list should be:
>
>  * adding bigger page support to pxa3xx (4 KiB, 8 KiB).
>    Willy's posted driver might be helpful to accomplish this;
>    provided your eyes don't melt when you look at it :-)
>
>  * once the above is done, bad block management can/should be added.
>
> With these two we're almost there for R/W support.

Wasn't also part of the TODO-list to make pxa3xx_nand divorce from the
PXA-specific DMA API, and use instead the PXA dmaengine driver, through
the DMA engine API? As far as I remember, this was one of the
prerequisite to be able to re-use the driver in a non-PXA context.
There is a patch that was floating around doing this conversion (I
could dig the relevant link if needed), but of course it needs to be
tested, and we don't have PXA3xx hardware, so making changes to this
driver without breaking it is quite tedious.

Best regards,

Thomas
--
Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons