OMAP baseline test results for v3.8-rc4

Tony Lindgren tony at atomide.com
Fri Jan 25 11:59:43 EST 2013

* Bedia, Vaibhav <vaibhav.bedia at ti.com> [130123 06:35]:
> Hi Tony,
>
> On Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 23:53:32, Tony Lindgren wrote:
> [...]
> > >
> > > But I should get *something* from the kernel before it starts trying to access the rootfs ?
> >
> > Here's something Kevin fixed but did not send it out before going to
> > a vacation. Can you give it a try with earlyprintk enabled?
> >
> > Note that this does not help with no output early on, that sounds
> > like a bug configuring the DEBUG_LL port somewhere.
> >

> I think earlyprintk on AM335x has not been functional for a while [1].
> Will the latest patches from you to enable multiplatform debug-ll be sufficient
> to test this out? I am trying to track down the boot issues reported and just
> want to be sure of the dependencies.

Yes you should check with current linux next and select the DEBUG_LL
port manually.

> [1] http://marc.info/?l=linux-omap&m=134642491119235&w=2

This one should no longer be needed as we now use the machine_id
for board-generic.c for DT boot.

> [2] https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/1896851/

This alone won't work without multiplatform support. At least modifying
the Kconfig to use the new settings for OMAP2PLUS is needed.

Probably easiest to make sure it works in linux next first.

Regards,

Tony