imx6 power consumption

Bjørn Erik Nilsen ben at datarespons.no
Tue Dec 17 13:28:27 EST 2013

Hi,

I have measured power consumption for imx6 in mem mode on the 3.12.4 mainstream kernel vs. 3.0.35 kernel from freescale/boundary devices. I noticed a significant increase going from 3.0 to 3.12 . I have at least identified one big difference: DDR is no longer tri-stated, which accounts for some of the difference.

I use 'echo mem > /sys/power/state' for my test case.

Do you know if someone is looking into this issue, or if there are pending patches somewhere?

Best regards,
Bjørn Erik Nilsen