imx6 suspend/resume issue

Shawn Guo shawn.guo at linaro.org
Tue Dec 10 07:56:54 EST 2013

On Tue, Dec 10, 2013 at 01:21:20PM +0100, Bjørn Erik Nilsen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a nitrogen6x board (imx6q) from boundary devices and I've been
> playing with power management on the 3.12 kernel.
>
> There are issues related to suspend/resume. It looks like I can
> successfully enter mem mode, however when I trigger one of the wakeup
> sources I'm not able to resume successfully.

It might be a nitrogen6x specific problem, as 3.12 kernel works fine on
my board (imx6q-sabresd).

root at arm:~# uname -a
Linux arm 3.12.0 #3 SMP Tue Dec 10 20:45:32 CST 2013 armv7l GNU/Linux
root at arm:~# echo mem > /sys/power/state
PM: Syncing filesystems ... done.
PM: Preparing system for mem sleep
Freezing user space processes ... (elapsed 0.001 seconds) done.
Freezing remaining freezable tasks ... (elapsed 0.001 seconds) done.
PM: Entering mem sleep
PM: suspend of devices complete after 40.785 msecs
PM: suspend devices took 0.040 seconds
PM: late suspend of devices complete after 0.351 msecs
PM: noirq suspend of devices complete after 0.521 msecs
Disabling non-boot CPUs ...
CPU1: shutdown
CPU2: shutdown
CPU3: shutdown
Enabling non-boot CPUs ...
CPU1: Booted secondary processor
CPU1 is up
CPU2: Booted secondary processor
CPU2 is up
CPU3: Booted secondary processor
CPU3 is up
PM: noirq resume of devices complete after 0.271 msecs
PM: early resume of devices complete after 0.336 msecs
ata1: SATA link down (SStatus 0 SControl 300)
PM: resume of devices complete after 355.835 msecs
PM: resume devices took 0.360 seconds
PM: Finishing wakeup.
Restarting tasks ... done.
root at arm:~#