[Patch v2 2/2] ASoC: atmel: sam9x5_wm8731: remove platform_set_drvdata

Mark Brown broonie at kernel.org
Mon Dec 9 11:58:53 EST 2013

On Mon, Dec 09, 2013 at 11:20:05AM +0100, Nicolas Ferre wrote:

> It seems that this patch has not been applied to your "next" branch
> (aka ping)...

If you think something has been forgotten please resend.  If it's
genuinely been lost it's going to need resending and the mail just leads
to more mails, a resend can be directly applied.  I had thought I'd
replied to this at the time but it seems I didn't, or at least I can't
see my reply on the list...  sorry about that.

The question was if we should change this or if we should change the
core to not overwrite something that probably ought to be the driver's
domain?  Looking at the code I think we're probably doing the right
thing but it'd be good to consider.