i.MX6/PCIe and MSI interrupts

Jürgen Beisert jbe at pengutronix.de
Fri Dec 6 04:32:31 EST 2013

Hi,

is anybody out there who has MSI interrupts successfully working on i.MX6? I
tried with my i.MX6 and a Gbit network card but without success. In legacy
interrupt mode it works.
I'm using various patches here from the list and the PCIe itself works. The
designware driver is prepared for MSI interrupts and the Exynos driver makes
use of it.
I added the same glue code to the i.MX6 driver but I can't get the INTD
interrupt to fire when MSI arrives (while the INTA fires in legacy interrupt
mode). Some idea what needs to be done in the i.MX6 to get MSI working? The
Exynos driver additionally changes some bits in its chipset beside the PCIe
unit to enable the MSI interrupt to its CPU. Are there some 'hidden' bits in
the i.MX6 as well?

Regards,
Juergen

--
Pengutronix e.K.                              | Juergen Beisert             |
Linux Solutions for Science and Industry      | http://www.pengutronix.de/  |