Moschip MCS8142 SoC

Arnd Bergmann arnd at arndb.de
Thu Dec 5 21:53:51 EST 2013

On Friday 06 December 2013, Florian Fainelli wrote:
> I still plan on submitting support for the MCS8140 soon (just need some
> home internet connection),

Ah, cool!

> although due to the major CPU difference we will
> probably have a hard time building the same kernel image for all MCS SoCs.
> At least we should target MULTI_V4 and MULTI_V5.

I was wondering about this: Jonas had some problems with kernels that enable
both ARM9 and FA526 support, IIRC. We didn't get to the bottom of this, but
for all I can tell, the infrastructure should already be there to support
a multiplatform kernel with any combination of ARMv4/v4t/v5 cores enabled.

	Arnd