Moschip MCS8142 SoC

mlweber1 at rockwellcollins.com mlweber1 at rockwellcollins.com
Wed Dec 4 09:25:33 EST 2013

Has anyone happened to work with this Moschip SoC?  I found Linux BSP
patches for the MCS8140 (OpenWRT 3.3 Kernel plus some initial attempts at
mainlining around 3.7), however that MCS8140 SoC was a true ARMv5 compared
to the MCS8142 which seems to be based on a Faraday fa526 ARMv4.
Another item I'm not to sure about is if the bus and peripheral
architecture are similar.

Any help is appreciated (reference docs that outline the register
definition, etc.) .  We're trying to get a 3.x kernel running on this
target to replace a older 2.6.24 blob that we can't get source for.....

Matthew L Weber / Sr Software Engineer / Platform SW
mlweber1 at rockwellcollins.com