Broken device trees for exynos in linux-next

Kukjin Kim kgene at kernel.org
Thu Aug 22 05:55:35 EDT 2013

Kevin Hilman wrote:

> Kukjin Kim <kgene at kernel.org> writes:
>
> [...]
>
> > If we could make LPAE enabled defconfig for all ARM platforms, I'm fine.
> > think your concern is creating SoC specific defconfig and I agree with
> you.
> > But I'm not sure how we can support LPAE enabled defconfig for ARM
> > platforms.
>
> Here's a simple way to keep a single base defconfig, and enable LPAE:
>
> $ echo CONFIG_ARM_LPAE=y > /tmp/lpae.config
> $ ./scripts/kconfig/merge_config.sh arch/arm/config/exynos_defconfig
> /tmp/lpae.config

Yeah, it can be used for test. But there are many differences between
exynos_defconfig and exynos5440_defconfig...PCIe, GbE, HugeTLB and KVM...so
I'm still wondering how to handle it without other defconfig.

Olof, do you still having objection for exynos5440_defconfig? If so, OK I
will revert exynos5440_defconfig for now so that I could pull out the
'defconfig' branch to arm-soc for upcoming merge window. Then, let's discuss
again :)

Thanks,
Kukjin