[Suggestion] ARM: allmodconfig: about cross compiling failure under i386 ubuntu.

Chen Gang gang.chen at asianux.com
Thu Aug 22 05:19:53 EDT 2013

On 08/22/2013 03:45 PM, Tony Lindgren wrote:
> * Chen Gang <gang.chen at asianux.com> [130821 01:53]:
>> Hello Maintainers:
>>
>> When build arm with allmodconfig under ubuntu i386 with arm-linux-
>> gnueabi-gcc 4.7, as 2.22, it report the errors.
>>
>> Please help check, thanks (the related config file in attachment).
>
> It seems that some make flags may need to be specified separately
> in some makefiles. See the following for some examples:
>
> $ find arch/arm -name Makefile | xargs grep -i flags
>
> I'm getting different errors though, I'm getting:
>
> arch/arm/mach-zynq/hotplug.c:1: error: bad value (cortex-a9) for -mcpu= switch
>
> As probably my compiler does not support the cortex-a9 switch,
> I have gcc version 4.3.5 (Debian 4.3.5-4), tried with v3.11-rc5.

Thank you for your valuable reply, I followed what you said above, and
now it seems really related the compiler's flags.

I have passed compiling for the VEXPRESS with dcscb, I will compare the
difference between the 2 building flags.

It seems we need add the related dependency for ARCH_VEXPRESS (I am just
analyzing, may get final result today).

Thanks.

--
Chen Gang