[PATCH v5 0/3] i2c-mv64xxx: Fixes and new feature for controlers embedded in Aramda XP
gregory.clement at free-electrons.com
Fri Aug 9 05:05:55 EDT 2013
This new version just brings the handle of the "marvell,mv78230-i2"
string as a single compatible string. As there were no other remarks
since about 2 months I hope that this version will be able to be
merged in 3.12.
This patch set adds support for the I2C Transaction Generator which
offloads CPU from managing I2C transfer step by step. This feature is
currently only available on the I2C controller IP embedded in the
Armada XP SoC.
This series also contains a real fix for the I2C controller of the
Armada XP SoC.
The first two patches modify the driver itself and should go through
The last patch updates the device tree to be able to use this new
feature. I kept this patch in the series for having a coherent series,
but it have already been pulled in the mvebu subsystem.
- handle of the "marvell,mv78230-i2" string as a single compatible
string. Even it is strongly discouraged to use "marvell,
mv78230-i2" alone, it is better to be able to handle it.
- reverse the order of the compatible strings, with the most
- rebased on 3.11-rc1
- Introduces a new compatible string mv78230-i2c which will be used
for the fix and for the offload feature which are only present on
the Armada XP SoCs
- Removes the unneeded spin_lock_irqsave pointed by Russell King
- The offload mechanism is now port of the fsm and handle the
- The flag bridge-enabled is renamed to offload_enabled, but the
register name stills contains the BRIDGE word to match the
- Uses writel_relaxed on the place pointed by Russell King
- Uses the bool type for the flag (pointed by Thomas Petazzoni)
- Removes useless code (pointed by Thomas Petazzoni)
- Updates the bindings documentation
- Move the flag for the timing issue from global scope to per device
- Assignment is no more done in if condition
Gregory CLEMENT (3):
i2c-mv64xxx: Add I2C Transaction Generator support
i2c-mv64xxx: Fix timing issue on Armada XP (errata FE-8471889)
ARM: dts: mvebu: Introduce a new compatible string for mv64xxx-i2c
.../devicetree/bindings/i2c/i2c-mv64xxx.txt | 13 +-
arch/arm/boot/dts/armada-370-xp.dtsi | 2 -
arch/arm/boot/dts/armada-370.dtsi | 8 +
arch/arm/boot/dts/armada-xp.dtsi | 10 +
drivers/i2c/busses/i2c-mv64xxx.c | 217 ++++++++++++++++++++-
5 files changed, 237 insertions(+), 13 deletions(-)
More information about the linux-arm-kernel