[GIT PULL] Timer clean-ups for 3.10, Part 2

Olof Johansson olof at lixom.net
Wed Apr 17 14:48:27 EDT 2013

On Wed, Apr 17, 2013 at 09:57:42AM -0700, Olof Johansson wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 15, 2013 at 11:20:28PM +0200, Arnd Bergmann wrote:
> > On Monday 15 April 2013, Rob Herring wrote:
> > > It is quite messed up because the mct timer changes are not based on
> > > arm-soc/clksrc/cleanup. Any timer changes adding CLKSRC_OF support need
> > > to be based on this. I've fixed it up in this branch (untested):
> > >
> > > git://sources.calxeda.com/kernel/linux.git exynos-mct-merge
> > >
> > > I merged with clksrc-cleanup-for-3.10-part2 and fixed it in the merge,
> > > but really either the mct branch should be rebased or some of the
> > > changes can be a preparatory commit before merging.
> >
> > Note that I also merged the branches when pulling in the samsung changes,
> > and did a complex merge there. We should ensure that we use the same
> > merge here.
>
> Hrm, this is now a total mess. I can pick up Rob's preferred resolution,
> but merging that in on top of the exynos branches causes lots of conflicts
> there as well.
>
> I might just have to rebuild the next/ branches in question to resolve
> this.  Either that or bring the late/clksrc stuff into the same branch
> as the exynos timer patches.

Ok, given the complex merge fixup by Arnd (I'm not sure it's a great
idea to add the new code in the merge commit like that, by the way),
I've chosen to go with that as a base for late/clksrc instead, and I've
pushed a new rebased late/clksrc that contains Arnd's version of the
resolutions instead of Rob's. Let me know if further fixups are needed,
in particular on exynos4 since I lack hardware to test that side.

-Olof