[GIT PULL 2/3] ARM: davinci: SoC updates for v3.10 (part 2)

Sekhar Nori nsekhar at ti.com
Wed Apr 17 10:15:40 EDT 2013

On 4/16/2013 10:18 PM, Olof Johansson wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 11:42:31AM +0530, Sekhar Nori wrote:

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Where is this branch from? Git URL and branch name, please -- we prefer to pull
>>> these in as separate branches under depends/* as well to document it.
>>
>> Here is the repo and branch:
>>
>> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/ohad/remoteproc.git for-next
>
> Oh! Looking at that branch, and the new branch from you, I don't actually see
> a dependency between them. Sure, the Davinci mach-side code registers a new
> device, but until the driver has the corresponding changes, there's no breakage
> caused by the new registration. There are no new data structures introduced
> either, so there's no build-time dependency added.

That's right! I can swear there was some platform data that the driver
needed at some stage which caused the dependency. Whatever that was, its
gone now (and I failed to notice it) so there is no real need of merging
the remoteproc branch.

> So it would be just as easy to just merge this as a nondependent branch. When
> both sides of the change land, remoteproc will work. But until then, nothing
> existing will be broken.
>
> Sound ok? If so, please just rebase your 4 patches on top of the old SoC branch
> without the dependency and send a fresh pull request, please. :)

Okay, I will rebase and send updated pull request. I will have to update
the board support pull request too.

Thanks,
Sekhar