[GIT PULL 2/3] ARM: davinci: SoC updates for v3.10 (part 2)

Olof Johansson olof at lixom.net
Tue Apr 16 12:48:38 EDT 2013

On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 11:42:31AM +0530, Sekhar Nori wrote:
> On 4/16/2013 1:48 AM, Olof Johansson wrote:
> > On Mon, Apr 15, 2013 at 10:53:18PM +0530, Sekhar Nori wrote:
> >> Hi Arnd, Olof,
> >>
> >> Can you please the following SoC updates for DaVinci.
> >> The branch depends on (and merges) an immutable branch
> >> from Ohad adding DA8XX rempote proc driver.
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > Where is this branch from? Git URL and branch name, please -- we prefer to pull
> > these in as separate branches under depends/* as well to document it.
>
> Here is the repo and branch:
>
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/ohad/remoteproc.git for-next

Oh! Looking at that branch, and the new branch from you, I don't actually see
a dependency between them. Sure, the Davinci mach-side code registers a new
device, but until the driver has the corresponding changes, there's no breakage
caused by the new registration. There are no new data structures introduced
either, so there's no build-time dependency added.

So it would be just as easy to just merge this as a nondependent branch. When
both sides of the change land, remoteproc will work. But until then, nothing
existing will be broken.

Sound ok? If so, please just rebase your 4 patches on top of the old SoC branch
without the dependency and send a fresh pull request, please. :)

-Olof