Using ipuv3 driver with device tree

Sascha Hauer s.hauer at pengutronix.de
Fri Sep 28 08:38:53 EDT 2012

On Thu, Sep 27, 2012 at 11:56:00PM -0300, Fabio Estevam wrote:
> Hi Sascha,
>
> I would like to try the ipuv3 driver on mx53qsb (it can be WVGA, LVDS
> or VGA) and would like to know if there are any patches for the dts
> files I can use for this purpose.
>
> I am not sure what is the recommended way for passing the video
> timings in dt and looking for an example.

I just wanted to create some followup patches to add the devicetree
support so that you have something to test with, but I found out
that this is not so simple as it seems. The i.MX6 clock lookups will
be switched to devicetree probe, but this is not in -next yet. Current
-next is broken for me right now (haven't figured out why, but CMA
does not work, I get not ethernet link on my babbage board,...)
I think we'll just wait until things have settled after the merge
window until I base further work on the IPU patches.

Sascha