[RFT/PATCH] serial: omap: prevent resume if device is not suspended.

Jassi Brar jaswinder.singh at linaro.org
Tue Sep 25 08:29:52 EDT 2012

On 19 September 2012 17:29, Felipe Balbi <balbi at ti.com> wrote:

> this is what I mean, actually. If we remove pm_runtime_get_sync() in
> exchange for pm_runtime_set_active() before pm_runtime_enable(), it
> works on PandaBoard, but breaks BeagleBoard.

Perhaps it suggests that OMAP4 (PandaBoard) serial port is already
activated but OMAP3 (BeagleBoard) isn't. So we need to reflect that
either by doing pm_runtime_set_active() only on OMAP4 or by bringing
up the OMAP3 too before the pm_runtime_set_active() call.
BTW I understand get_sync(), set_active() and enable() are for
different purposes, they can't be traded for one another.