GIC affinity and edge trigger

Barak Wasserstrom wbarak at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 12:22:28 EDT 2012

Hello,
I'm currently using linux kernel 2.6.38 with SMP enabled.
I have an interrupt which is a pulse and therefore I set the trigger to
positive edge.
Due to the fact that each CPU sees its own GIC distributor memory space,
only the CPU that executed request_irq has the trigger type set to positive
edge, while the others remain level.
Moreover, gic_set_cpu always defines the GIC distributor target to be CPU0.
So only CPU0 target is enabled + trigger is set to edge only for one CPU and
thus not always do I get the interrupt.
Can you please help me understand what I'm doing wrong, or misunderstand?

Regards,
Barak