PXA PWM possible regression after 3.5: backlight remains off after resume

Paul Parsons lost.distance at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 23 11:20:24 EDT 2012

There is a possible PXA PWM regression between 3.5 and 3.6-rc6: if I
suspend and then resume an iPAQ hx4700, the backlight remains off.

In 3.5 the backlight would turn on after the resume.

I presumed this is a PWM issue because the PXA PWM driver was reworked
and moved trees between 3.5 and 3.6-rc6. And there was mention of
broken PWM drivers about a month ago, for example:
http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-arm-kernel/2012-August/115717.html

Does my backlight breakage sound familiar to anybody? Is there
anything obvious I can try before debugging it further?

Regards,
Paul