[V4 3/4] power_supply: Enable battery-charger for 88pm860x

Anton Vorontsov cbouatmailru at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 18:39:15 EDT 2012

On Sat, Sep 22, 2012 at 12:14:22AM +0200, Samuel Ortiz wrote:

> > > Any updates?
> >
> > OK, I guess I can just go ahead and apply it, the MFD changes are very
> > trivial anyway. So, this is now applied (along with some fixups that
> > I was talking about in my previous reply).
> Applying this patch as is will not build as the mfd_add_devices() API has
> changed. Either you rebase your patchset on top of Linus tree or I take this
> patch and fix the mfd_add_devices() call. Please let me know how you want to
> proceed.

It's not the first time this happens, and git let us fix it in a pretty
elegant way: what I'm usually doing is just pulling Linus' tree back into
my tree (but not rebasing), and in the merge commit I fixup the issue.
That way things are still bisectable, and everything should work before
and after mfd_add_devices() change.

So, it's all OK, I'll just merge Linus' -rc6 back into my tree
(and Stephen already has a fix in linux-next).

Thanks!
Anton.