[Query] Does u-boot processes dtb file

Viresh Kumar viresh.kumar at linaro.org
Fri Sep 14 02:58:32 EDT 2012

Hi Arnd,

Sorry for the stupid question, but somebody asked this to me and i wasn't sure
about it.

We boot with dtb from u-boot using following command:
bootm <uImage addr> <initrd addr> <dtb addr>

Does u-boot do anything special or simply passes address of dtb in r2 to kernel?

i.e. if i do bootm <uImage addr> and stop my kernel early using a debugger,
update r2 with dtb address, will it work the same way?

OR

Does any bootloader needs some special code for handling dtb's?

--
viresh