arm: mvebu: improve Kconfig options handling for pinctrl

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Wed Sep 12 06:47:38 EDT 2012

Hello,

Le Tue, 11 Sep 2012 19:32:44 +0200,
Sebastian Hesselbarth <sebastian.hesselbarth at gmail.com> a écrit :

> as the linux-arm-kernel is already on this discussion, I'll not remove
> it on this one. But with future RFC patches we should be more careful
> who the patch is sent to.

Since I wasn't sure you would take those patches, I thought sending to
LAKML and other parties was a good idea.

> I'd like to have pinctrl-mvebu patch set separated from this Kconfig
> patch set. Not because it doesn't fit but because I don't want to
> respin the pinctrl patch. Posting v3 without in-depth review of my
> own was a mistake. A final v4 will get offending patches right.

Well, in the end, you have to resend a new v4, so why not include those
patches? Without those patches, the pinctrl stuff is not usable on
370/XP, which is not so nice.

> For this patch set I will comment on the single patch emails.

Thanks!

Thomas
--
Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons