Exynos 4xxx Camera Image Filtering

Burke, Zachary Zachary.Burke at digimarc.com
Mon Sep 10 13:48:44 EDT 2012

We have noticed that on the Exynos devices available to us (4412 and 4212 in the Galaxy Note 10.1 and Galaxy S3) that there appears to be noise reduction/filtering occurring somewhere in the image post-processing path.

TI does similar filtering on the omap4xxx chip but exposes image post-processing parameters to disable the noise suppression filter, these are defined in:
hardware/ti/omap4xxx/camera/TICameraParameters.cpp

I am looking for similar functionality on Exynos.  I've gone through the kernel source for the galaxy tab (GT-N8013_ICS_Opensource) but see no evidence of post-processing parameters in the camera driver.

* Can I disable noise filtering from user space?
* Can anyone point to a whitepaper or source that details the behavior of noise filtering on Exynos?

Regards