OMAP baseline test results for v3.6-rc5

Paul Walmsley paul at pwsan.com
Mon Sep 10 12:46:29 EDT 2012

Hi Felipe,

On Mon, 10 Sep 2012, Felipe Balbi wrote:

> On Sun, Sep 09, 2012 at 06:15:04PM +0000, Paul Walmsley wrote:
> > > * 4430ES2 Panda: UART corruption during long transmit buffers
> > >   - Presumably due to either a missing hardware workaround or a bug in
> > >     the OMAP serial driver
> > >
> > * 3730 Beagle XM: does not serial wake from off-idle suspend when console
> >   UART doesn't clock gate ("debug ignore_loglevel")
> >   - Not shown in the current test logs; cause unknown
>
> How do you trigger these two ? Can you share whatever script you wrote
> for this to fail ?

The 4430ES2 Panda issue can be seen here:

  http://www.pwsan.com/omap/testlogs/test_v3.6-rc5/20120908202511/pm/4430es2panda/4430es2panda_log.txt

That shows the kernel command line, commit ID, sequence of
commands executed, and output.  (The transmit buffer corruption can be
found in the section "%% Start retention dynamic idle UART wakeup test"
when it runs "cat /debug/pm_debug/count")

Similarly, the 3730 Beagle XM issue should be reproducible via the same
means as in:

  http://www.pwsan.com/omap/testlogs/test_v3.6-rc5/20120908202511/pm/3730beaglexm/3730beaglexm_log.txt

but "debug ignore_loglevel" should be added to the kernel command line
when booting.  Will try to add a specific PM test for this case.

Will try to do a few test runs on your series that was merged in tty-next
to see if anything has changed.

> I'm assuming the bugs are only triggered on those two
> particular platforms, so it could just be missing workaround on both
> cases (?)

Hard to say...

- Paul