Without MACH_ option Early printk (DEBUG_LL)

Nicolas Pitre nico at fluxnic.net
Mon Sep 3 22:04:21 EDT 2012

On Mon, 3 Sep 2012, Mohammed, Afzal wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Fri, Aug 31, 2012 at 23:53:32, Nicolas Pitre wrote:

> > > They how do you recommend to resolve early prink issue (required during
> > > decompression)?
> >
> > Right now the best you can do is to have empty stubs that display
> > nothing.
>
> Won't having compile time selection of debug uart over machine based
> runtime detection help here ?

It certainly would.  But then your kernel won't run on anything but the
specific machine for which the compile time UART selection was made.  As
soon as you have more than one possible UART config for the set of
machines you want your kernel binary to run on, you'll have to give up
on the early output during kernel decompression.

Nicolas